Back To Blog
- 1 ½ pounds uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 6 lightly grilled flour tortillas
Mango Salsa Ingredients
- 2 mangoes, pitted and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Coca-Cola
- Salt and black pepper
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl and sprinkle with salt and sugar. Stir to coat and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat Coca-Cola, chili sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and hot pepper sauce in small skillet over medium heat until sauce begins to simmer and thicken. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and set aside.
- Cook shrimp in large skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Drizzle sauce over cooked shrimp and serve in flour tortillas topped with Mango Salsa.
- For Mango Salsa, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until well combined. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours before serving.