- 2/3 cup Coca-Cola, divided
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup tomato or vegetable juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 tomatoes, seeded, cored, and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cored, and chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Bring half of Coca-Cola and half of vinegar to a boil over medium-high heat in medium saucepan. Cook about 3 minutes or until liquid measures about 2 tablespoons.
- Meanwhile, whisk together remaining Coca-Cola, remaining vinegar, oil, tomato juice and ground red pepper. Pulse tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, shallot, cucumber and tomato juice mixture together in food processor or blender until mixture becomes a rough puree. (Work in batches, if necessary.)
- Season with salt and black pepper and chill several hours. Serve gazpacho in chilled bowls with dollop of sour cream. Drizzle with cooled syrup and garnish with basil.