You’ll want a mixer for this weekend’s homegating. Grab a case of Coca-Cola from your local grocery store, mix at home and cheer on your favorite team with your family!
Ingredients needed for a Dirty Coke
· 12 oz Coca-Cola
· 1-2 oz Rum
· 2 tbsp Coconut Syrup
· 1/2 Lime
· 2 tbsp Half & Half or Heavy Cream
If you can’t find Coconut Syrup you can make your own using the recipe provided here. You can also find it at Home Goods or order online here.
Coconut Syrup: 1 cup sugar + 1 cup water + 2 tsp Coconut Flavor
1. Add 1 cup water and 1 cup of sugar to a pan and bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
2. Allow the water and sugar mixture to boil for 3-5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and add coconut flavor.
4. Allow cooling.
5. Cut the lime into quarter lime wedges.
6. In a large glass (approx 24 oz) fill halfway with ice. Add coconut syrup and squeeze 2 lime wedges over ice.
7. Toss the squeezed limes into the glass. Add Coke.
8. Add 1-2 tablespoons of half & half or cream and serve.
Note that lime juice will tend to try and curdle the cream.