- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14 ½ ounces) beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Salt and black pepper
- Spray 3-quart Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray. Cook beef, onion, and celery over medium-high heat until meat is browned, and vegetables are tender. Drain excess fat.
- Add tomato sauce, beef broth, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika and cumin to meat mixture; stir well. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and let simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans, Coca-Cola, and hot pepper sauce. Continue to simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately.