- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 2 8-inch round cake pans; set aside.
- Combine cake mix, Coca-Cola, water, oil, and eggs in a large bowl. Beat at a low speed of electric mixer until blended; beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cakes comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Prepare Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting. Combine sifted confectioners' sugar and cocoa in large bowl; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract in a a large bowl until smooth. Gradually fold in confectioners' sugar and cocoa.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate and frost top and sides. Repeat with second layer.