Beef hotdogs, bun length (12)
Hotdog buns (12)
Coca-Cola BBQ sauce (1 cup)
Coca-Cola braised onions (1.5 cups)
1. Baste franks with BBQ sauce as they are cooked on grill.
2. Place in bun and top with a hearty spoonful of Coca-Cola braised Onions. Other condiments are optional.
Coca-Cola Braised Onions
White onions (2-large cut in half and sliced into half rings)
Vegetable oil (1 tbsp)
Kosher salt (1 tsp)
Ground black pepper (1/4 tsp)
Coca-Cola (1 cup)
Spicy yellow mustard (1 tbsp)
1. To make the Coca-Cola braised onions, sweat sliced onion with oil, salt & pepper in small saucepan.
2. Once the onions are soft and translucent, add Coca-Cola and bring to a boil.
3. Cook until liquid has reduced to 1/4 its original volume.
4. Stir in mustard and simmer until ready to serve. If onions start to dry out, add another splash of Coca-Cola.
Coca-Cola BBQ Sauce
Coca-Cola or Coca-Cola Cherry Vanilla (2 cups)
Ketchup (2 cups)
Worcestershire sauce (1/2 cup)
Brown sugar (1/2 cup)
Steak sauce (1/2 cup)
Lemon juice (1 tsp)
Onion powder (1 tsp)
Garlic powder (1 tsp)
Ground black pepper (1 tsp)
1. Mix all ingredients together in bowl.