Here’s What You Need
· ½ cup chopped shallots
· 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
· 1 cup Coca-Cola
· 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
· 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken cutlets
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
· ½ teaspoon salt
· ½ teaspoon black pepper
· Fresh basil leaves (optional)
Here’s How to Make It
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Cook shallots in 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 3 minutes or until tender. Add Coca-Cola and vinegar; simmer over low heat 10 minutes or until reduced to 2/3 cup. Reserve ¼cup in separate bowl and set aside.
3. Place chicken on nonstick baking sheet. Rub with garlic, chopped basil, salt and pepper; drizzle with remaining oil.
4. Grill chicken on a lightly greased grill grid coated with nonstick cooking spray 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until chicken is done, basting with reserved ¼ cup Coca-Cola/balsamic mixture. Serve immediately with remaining balsamic mixture. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
Be sure to use chicken cutlets in this recipe. Chicken cutlets are boneless, skinless sections of the chicken breast which have been tenderized. Cutlets cook quicker than chicken breasts.