- 1 ½ pounds beef flank steak
- 1 can (12 ounces) Coca-Cola
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- CUT steak in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/8-inch strips. Place strips in large resealable food storage bag. Add Coca-Cola, beef broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic; seal bag and turn to coat. Marinate at least 3 hours or overnight in refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- REMOVE steak from bag, reserve half of marinade in medium bowl. Heat wick or skillet over high heat until hot. Drizzle 2 tablespoons peanut oil into wok; heat 30 seconds. Add half of steak; stir-fry 2 minutes or until beef is browned and no longer pink. Repeat with remaining steak; set aside.
- REDUCE heat to medium-high and add remaining 1 tablespoon peanut oil; heat 30 seconds. Add bell peppers, onions, and water chestnuts; cook and stir 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender; remove steak and set aside.
- STIR cornstarch into reserved marinade until smooth. Stir marinade into wick and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return beef and vegetables to wok; cook 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice.