A weekend without pizza isn’t a weekend in our book. Whether you prefer to do Take-Out,Frozen Pizza or make your own, pizza = pizza. One more thing – it goes perfectly with any type of Coca-Cola. If you’re feeling fancy this weekend, try making this recipe from the Robert Irvine Magazine – and you won’t regret it.
What you’ll need
· 1 Neapolitan dough (see sub HERE)
· ½ lb artichokes in oil, drained
· 1 lb Swiss chard (spinach or kale can be substituted)
· 4 tbsp olive oil
· ½ tsp chopped fresh rosemary
· ½ lemon, zest and juice
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 onion, peeled and sliced thin
· 4 oz crème fraiche
· 4 free range eggs
· 6 oz French feta broken into pieces
· Sea salt
· Black Pepper
How to make it
1) Preheat oven to 500°.
2) In a skillet on medium heat, add the oil and lightly caramelize the garlic and onion. Add the artichokes. Remove the stems from the chard and add to the garlic and onions. Set aside to cool.
3) In a small bowl add the crème fraîche, lemon zest, juice, and salt and pepper. Mix.
4) Roll out the pizza dough on a floured work surface and place on a lightly-floured pizza stone, brush the dough with the crème fraîche, scatter ¼ of the artichoke mixture over the dough, garnish with the feta cheese, place the pizza in the center of the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Open the oven and crack one egg in the center of each pizza and continue to bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until the egg is cooked to desired temperature and the crust is golden.
THE MACROS, PER PIZZA
PROTEIN: 18 g
FAT: 32 g
CARBS: 42 g
Originally published in Robert Irvine Magazine.