- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced pineapple
- Salt and black pepper
- 6 brioche or hamburger buns, toasted
- Mix beef, teriyaki sauce, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper in medium mixing bowl and form into 6 patties; set aside.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat; stir in brown sugar. Add Coca-Cola and vinegar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in onion; cook and stir 2 minutes on medium heat. Add tomato and pineapple, stir to coat, and turn off heat.
- Cook burgers under broiler or on grill pan over medium-high heat, 6 minutes on each side. When cooked to desired doneness, keep warm. Return pineapple mixture to high heat 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Top each burger with a heaping spoonful of pineapple mixture. Serve on toasted brioche buns.