Back To Blog
- 1 ½ tablespoons oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans
- 1 can (4 ½ ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper
- 1/2 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup spreadable Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat oil in large saucepan over low heat. Add shallot; cook until softened.
- Stir in black beans, chilies, chipotle pepper, Coca-Cola and ketchup. Add garlic powder, onion powder and ground red pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce and simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes or until most liquid is evaporated, stirring frequently.
- Using a fork or hand-held blender, lightly mash bean mixture. In bottom of 8-inch pan, mix together cream cheese and spreadable cheddar cheese; spread mixture to corners.
- Spoon bean mixture evenly over cheeses and sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and serve with tortilla chips, salsa and sour cream, if desired.