- Jan 31, 2016
- 3 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 (12 oz.) can Coca-Cola
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 1-2 T. corn starch
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Move an oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange cooling racks over baking sheets lined with foil.
- To prepare the wings, remove the wing tips; separate the flats from the drumettes. In a large bowl, combine wings with 1 T. vegetable oil, garlic powder, and onion powder. Toss until evenly coated. Arrange wings in a single layer on cooling racks
- Bake until wings are crispy, about 45 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through.
- With 30 minutes of baking time left, heat Coca-Cola, brown sugar, onion, garlic, soy sauce in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- Strain onions and garlic out through a fine mesh sieve and return the sauce to the stovetop. Stir in cornstarch, 1 T. at a time, and heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken wings from the oven and toss with the sauce while hot.
Coca-Cola Chicken Wings
Coca Cola Chicken Wings are fun and easy for your next party! Bake chicken wings until crispy, then douse in a sweet and spicy homemade Coca Cola sauce.